Friday, August 17, 2012

I have hard wood

floors.*

Here is the phone conversation I had at 8:15 this morning in the car on the way to work.

Phone: Ring, ring
Me: Good morning, this is Jennifer**
Phone: This is Kyle from Modernistic calling to confirm your carpet cleaning appointment for today.
Me: I think you have the wrong person.
(VERY long pause. Complete silence.)
Me: Um, well, bye.
Phone: Oh, um, yeah, good bye.

Do you think he dialed wrong? Or is this a new sales technique?

Might I have thought a moment about the cleanliness of my carpets and responded, "Well yes, but could you remind me of the appointment time. And let's just confirm which address I was planning for today."

If I was really good, I might have added,

"Do you already have payment information on file?"

Unfortunately, my floors are solid hardwood. I wonder how Kyle is with a Swiffer?

*Just trying to make this little blog a bit more popular.
**Yes, I do answer the phone that way when it is an unfamiliar number. I can't help myself. I usually say "Hello Gorgeous!" if I know you.


No comments: