Thursday, August 02, 2012

Action August

It's Action August! I made it up over the course of the day yesterday. In order to participate in this month-long challenge, you simply need to do some kind of physical activity for 10 minutes each day in August. Days with more than 10 minutes are strongly encouraged, but each and every day must have at least 10 minutes.

"So what kind of physical activity?" you ask. It's all up to you. You can go to the gym or ride your bike or just walk around the block. If you like, you can even aggressively vacuum the rugs (my rugs, come on over here). Just as long as you are honest with yourself that you were "on purpose" moving around in some fashion for 10 minutes straight. Or more. Sometimes, go for more.

Brilliant huh?

Here's the catch. If you realize it is time for bed and you have forgotten to do your Action August, you have to stand next to your bed and march in place for 10 minutes. I bet after a day or two of that, you will remember to take a walk somewhere far more interesting the next day.

So join me. Just ignore the days you missed. Or add on some minutes later. But as of today, just move it.

You may be wondering how I did on day one. Well, I thought up the plan during the day while I was at work then had to go straight to meet mom for a garden tour. In the car, I called P and told her the plan. "You're on," she replied. So, what can a girl to do when she is stuck in a car and will not be home until nearly bedtime? Can you guess it? Ten minutes of...butt crunches! All the way down 696, I was crunching. And judging by the soreness in my tush, they must have worked.

ps - Don't you love the name? I was originally going to go for Ass-shrinker August but this seemed a bit more public-discussion friendly.

No comments: