Monday, August 13, 2012

We are fruity

We eat a lot of fruit. Currently we go through dozen apples, a bag of peaches and two watermelons a week. Plus toss in whatever berries show up at the farmers market. This is for two people.

A week ago Sunday, I restocked the apples along with some pears to keep them company. Tuesday, this happened:

MV: When did we get more apples?
Me: Sunday.
MV: So you were hiding them from me?
Me: Right. I hid then in the bowl in the middle of the table.
MV: Yes, but they are usually on the other table.
Me: The one covered with clean laundry? They wouldn't hidden there at all.
MV: But I had no fruit at work.
Me: There were cherries and blueberries in the fridge. You knew they were there.
MV: But they are not the right size for work.
Me: What size is that?
MV: Hand-sized.

At least he wants to eat fruit.

I am looking into having a conveyor belt installed between my house and Whole Foods. One that just sends in watermelons as fast as we can eat them.

No comments: